More Than “Junk” Removal – Help When You Need It Most

Junk Removal Boise team members

Are you in a rush?
Need To Talk To Someone Immediately?

(208) 297-8720

Give us a call

(208) 297-8720

Shoot us a text

Very few things are more stressful than the loss of a family member. When a parent or grandparent passes away, they often have households full of items that must be removed. Whether it’s given to family or friends, donated, or discarded, there is a lot of work to be done. This type of work can make an already stressful situation that much tougher. One suggestion is to use a professional removal company to help ease the process and give you time to take care of yourself and your family.

While companies like ours have “junk” in the name, it doesn’t necessarily mean that everything we remove is garbage. Quite the contrary. Much of what we remove is recycled or reutilized. It just makes sense. If you have elderly parents or grandparents, it may make sense to have a plan in place for the disposition of their household goods. In a 2011 article, Rachel Kodanaz writes that for widows, “the overwhelming thought of going through your deceased loved ones belongings and trying to decide what do with the items is by far one of the hardest pieces of widowhood”

Here are a few things to consider:


We recommend taking some time to go through the home and identify what absolutely must be kept in the family after your loved ones passing. If you do that now, you’ll be less likely to let something slip by when the time comes. Hopefully, it will be years before you need that list, but it will be handy when needed. It may even avoid some nasty family scuffles if you decide what to do with the family heirlooms well before they’re handed down.


Most of us acquire a few pieces through our lifetime that undoubtedly carry some monetary value. When in doubt, hire a professional appraiser to look at those items specifically. We’ve all read articles about the Rembrandt found at a yard sale! Your grandparents may have a masterpiece and not know it.


Much of the daily use furniture in a home can be donated to thrift stores or taken to consignment stores for someone else to enjoy. No need to throw it away. Some stores will even pick up if you give them a call and simply ask.


A few months ago, we wrote an article about fun “Junk Facts” that pointed out that only 5% of the clothes we toss must be thrown away. That leaves 95% that are still reusable in some form or fashion. There are people that would love to give that old suit or dress a new life. Don’t throw it away! Donate it!

Once all of this is gone, there will likely be some items that are of no use any longer. If they can’t be recycled or reused, your junk removal professionals will be happy to take care of that for you as well. Don’t feel overwhelmed during this time of crisis. Reach out and find a company that can help you get through these times.


Share on:

We're fast, efficient and locally operated.

Let Us Take Away Your Junk Today!



Use Code [ 25-OFF ] When Requesting a Quote for 1/2 truck load or more...